If you live in Florida and suffer from a condition that can legally be treated with medical cannabis, you need to know how to get medical cannabis in Florida. The process of legally obtaining medical marijuana begins with a visit to a physician who has been trained and state-certified to recommend medical cannabis to patients. The relationship with this doctor must be maintained for three months, which immediately precedes an order for medical cannabis.
Who is eligible to receive treatment with medical cannabis?
There are specific physical ailments that can be treated with medical cannabis, according to Florida laws. Please note: Smoking marijuana is NOT a form in which medical cannabis is dispensed. The following conditions qualify for medical marijuana in the State of Florida:
- Crohn’s disease
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, which is better known as Lou Gehrig’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Chronic muscle spasms
- Parkinson’s disease
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Any other condition/ailment of the same symptoms/severity, if determined by a doctor that the medical use of cannabis would surpass potential health risks
Licensed medical cannabis dispensing organizations in Florida
In the State of Florida, seven dispensing organizations have been authorized to cultivate, process, and dispense medical marijuana. The following are the only businesses in the state with the authorization to dispense medical cannabis to qualified patients and legal representatives, along with contact information:
- CHT Medical; 855-524-8633; email@example.com
- The Green Solution; 800-429-1987; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Trulieve; 844-878-5438; email@example.com
- Surterra Therapeutics; 850-391-5455; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Modern Health Concepts; 877-303-0741; www.facebook.com/ModernHealthConcepts/
- Knox Medical; 888-441-5669 ; email@example.com
- GrowHealthy; 863-223-8882; info@GrowHealthy.com
You will need to contact one of the seven dispensing organizations to fill an order for medical cannabis.